What: Silk flutter sleeve top in swiss dot by J.Crew
Outfit Ideas: Stripes, Lime
Phillip Lim for Target – Fall Collection 2013
In my first post for SissiFashion, I did mention that I would be on the look for green and navy blue as my go-to color combination for fall. Being a tennis fan, I saw a picture of Maria Sharapova (no, am not a fan of her tennis but I do like her fashion sense) with a cute colorblock long-sleeved shirt and blue skirt. It had a J.Crew feeling and so I checked…..and discovered that it is part of the Phillip Lim for Target upcoming fall collection!
See for yourself a preview of the collection HERE.
I have had my share of hits and misses when it comes to big designers pairing with low-cost retailers for a collection line. Some examples: Versace for H&M was a big disappointment for me, and I waited in line!! Jimmy Choo for Target did not work, too polyesterish. On the other hand, Neiman Marcus for Target was AWESOME!
As a result, I am excited but cautious about all the LIM for Target collection, we will see how it turns out….if I get an opportunity to even find an item!
Some background on Phillip Lim: Wikipedia.
If you are a Maria Sharapova tennis fan, sorry we will agree to disagree on her personality as a tennis player, but definitely agree on her style sense 😉
What do you think of Phillip Lim for Target? Let me know!
- Jessica Alba at the 3.1 Phillip Lim for Target launch event in a ‘Boom’ sweatshirt from the collection (myfacehunter.com)
- 3.1 Phillip Lim for Target: See Every Piece in the Collection (stylecaster.com)
- Steal this style: 3.1 Phillip Lim’s new Target collaboration (stylebakery.com)
- Phillip Lim for Target (onstyleaction.com)
- The Countdown to 3.1 Phillip Lim x Target (yourstyleforecast.com)
- 3.1 Phillip Lim Spring / Summer 2014 (fashionising.com)
- Must-Have Monday: Phillip Lim for Target (forevertwentysomethings.com)
Phones and Neon Pink (OI 10 Sept 2013)
sweater/top/skirt neon top/ skirt(H&M old)
A second outfit idea for the true ring shell top, this time with a yellow sweater and black skirt. The neon pink top is from BCBG, it reminds me of the J.Crew Blythe silk top, though the BCBG is a lighter and a rougher silk (crepe de chine). The link is not the exact top but it is the same style, different color. The neon pink is very bright, but cute! Skirt is an H&M favorite, and very old (over four years?). It is a heavy cotton, I so wish H&M could bring back quality skirts 😦
Which outfit do you like best? Please share!
- Ring True Shell, Stripes and Apples (OI 30 Aug 2013) (ebelandi.com)