Yes am still sewing…This month, am working on a long sleeved dress with a pretty red and white fabric. Unfortunately, at the time of this post, I still have to attach the sleeves to the top of the dress. However, am running late on posting, so below are pictures of my progress and I shall update with the finished dress once completed!
In my first post for SissiFashion, I did mention that I would be on the look for green and navy blue as my go-to color combination for fall. Being a tennis fan, I saw a picture of Maria Sharapova (no, am not a fan of her tennis but I do like her fashion sense) with a cute colorblock long-sleeved shirt and blue skirt. It had a J.Crew feeling and so I checked…..and discovered that it is part of the Phillip Lim for Target upcoming fall collection!
See for yourself a preview of the collection HERE.
I have had my share of hits and misses when it comes to big designers pairing with low-cost retailers for a collection line. Some examples: Versace for H&M was a big disappointment for me, and I waited in line!! Jimmy Choo for Target did not work, too polyesterish. On the other hand, Neiman Marcus for Target was AWESOME!
As a result, I am excited but cautious about all the LIM for Target collection, we will see how it turns out….if I get an opportunity to even find an item!
Some background on Phillip Lim: Wikipedia.
If you are a Maria Sharapova tennis fan, sorry we will agree to disagree on her personality as a tennis player, but definitely agree on her style sense 😉
What do you think of Phillip Lim for Target? Let me know!
- Jessica Alba at the 3.1 Phillip Lim for Target launch event in a ‘Boom’ sweatshirt from the collection (myfacehunter.com)
- 3.1 Phillip Lim for Target: See Every Piece in the Collection (stylecaster.com)
- Steal this style: 3.1 Phillip Lim’s new Target collaboration (stylebakery.com)
- Phillip Lim for Target (onstyleaction.com)
- The Countdown to 3.1 Phillip Lim x Target (yourstyleforecast.com)
- 3.1 Phillip Lim Spring / Summer 2014 (fashionising.com)
- Must-Have Monday: Phillip Lim for Target (forevertwentysomethings.com)