What: Collection printed silk twill in gemstone print by J.Crew
When: Winter 2016
How (Material): Silk twill upper, polyester lining
- Look: Cute print, different A-line that did not quite hit home with me.
- Comfort: Comfortable, does not impair movement.
- Quality: Good quality silk twill.
- Sizing: Runs slightly large.
Why Not (Cons): The fit is odd.
Sissi’s Verdict: Return, despite gorgeous print. What do you say?
What: Lace-up flats in leopard calf hair by J.Crew
When: Winter 2016
How (Material): Calf hair upper, leather lining and sole
- Look: Very pretty flats. Unlike the previous lace-up leopard flats, the laces here are made of suede or velvet-like material instead of leather. Both work though I prefer the leather laces 🙂
- Comfort: Very comfortable.
- Quality: Great quality leather and calf hair. The calf pattern here is pretty unique, the laces are well made as well. My only complaint is the heel…too close to the ground in my opinion so I foresee early wear and tear if you plan to walk with these a lot.
- Sizing: True to size.
Why Not (Cons): The price…
Sissi’s Verdict: Keeper! What do you say?
Kitten heel? Check. Bow? Check. Snake print? Review below.
Continue reading “Review: Snake, suede and bows”
Cherries and pleats with a midi length (read “right-at-knee for your tall self”). Review below:
Continue reading “Review: Pleated Midi in Cherry print”
What: Elsie Fabric d’Orsay pumps by J.Crew
Season: Summer 2015
Material: Cotton upper, leather lining and sole. The print is similar to the geo brushstroke shirt and shorts.
Quality: Very good! I picked the blue print (as opposed to the yellow one) and it’s a nice bright color. There is no toe cleavage at all, actually the shoes are pretty covered up front which requires a little getting used to for me. The foot is open between the toe and the heel, which I understand to be the shape of d’orsay shoes. Heels are manageable.
Fit: True to size to slightly large.
Pros: The heel height, the fun print and the sale price
Cons: Covered toes (a little too covered but manageable) and matching the print to regular outfits (will require some imagination).
Sissi’s verdict: Keeper on 75% off super sale.
Do you agree? Please share!